I love this roast turmeric chicken thighs with juicy meat under the paper-thin golden skin well coated with spices. A few drops of lime juice would give the nutty aroma a twist :)
Yield: 3 servings
3 chicken thighs
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp rice wine
1/4 tsp light soya sauce
1/4 tsp seasoning powder
1 tsp turmeric powder
1/4 tsp coriander powder
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/8 tsp red chili powder
1/4 tsp ginger, chopped
1/4 tsp garlic, chopped
1. Rinse and drain chicken thighs. Trim away any visible fat with a pair of kitchen scissors.
2. Add all the marinades into the mixing bowl with the chicken thighs.
3. Use your hand to mix and ensure the thighs are well coated with the marinades.
4. Cover the marinated thighs with a lid and allow them to be marinated for at least 1/2 hours. I let them marinate for two hours.
5. Place the thighs in a single layer on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
6. Bake the thighs at 180 degree Celsius for 20 minutes.
7. After 20 minutes, remove the tray from the oven toaster and baste the thighs with the oil collected from the tray.
8. Return the tray to the toaster oven and continue to bake for 3 minutes. Remove from the oven toaster and baste the thighs with the oil again.
Repeat this steps for 3 times.
9. At the final round of roasting, turn up the temperature to 200 degree Celsius and bake the thighs for 1 minute.
After the roasting, allow the thighs to remain in the toaster oven and let the remnant heat melts the fat under the skin.
10. Serve the thighs with some squeeze lime juice and enjoy :)