Thursday 1 December 2016

Strawberry Ice Cream



Despite the cool weather, I still go ahead to make a small tub of real strawberry ice cream for the family. Why πŸ€” ?????

About a week ago, while doing my round of supermarket shopping, I saw those nicely stacked punnets of nice, red, juicy strawberries, I couldn't stop myself from taking a punnet of strawberries into my cart. However, the strawberries, as usual, were not as sweet as they appeared. So, you know why I made ice cream on cool wet weather 😌

Therefore, I have to wait for a sunny day πŸŒ…πŸŒž, to bring out my tub of strawberry ice cream 🍧 to yum yum  

Yield: 385g ice cre


Ingredients

Using cold ingredients if possible

100g fresh strawberries, get 88g
50g fresh milk
25g condensed milk
200ml whipping cream
25g icing sugar


Directions

1. Rinse strawberries with veggie wash and pat dry.







2. Remove the green parts and cut the strawberries into smaller pieces. I collected about 88g of strawberry after all the trimming.
Add cut strawberry, fresh milk and condensed milk into a blending cup and blend into a smoothie.  Keep in the freezer till needed.




At the same time, put a metal mixing bowl, a piece of damp cloth and a whisk into the freezer for about 30 minutes.



3. Pour the whipping cream into the cold mixing bowl sits above the frozen damp cloth. Beat the whipping cream at low speed till frothy. I use speed 1 of my hand blender.
I place a small piece of cling wrap covering about 1/3 of the mixing bowl to prevent the whipping cream from spattering everywhere during whipping.






4. Add in the icing sugar and continue to beat at medium speed. I use speed 2 of my hand blender.



When the cream starts to become thicker, reduce the speed to 1 again. Be careful not to over-whip.





The whipped cream is ready when reaching the stiff peak.




5. Pour in the cold strawberry smoothie from (2), and mix well using a spatula.









6. Pour the ice cream into a cold metal container.




Cover with a lid and freeze for 1 hour.




7. After 1 hour, place a piece of parchment paper over the top of the ice cream. This helps to prevent ice crystals from forming.


Return to the freezer and freeze for at least 6 hours. I froze the ice cream overnight.



8. Before serving, transfer the ice cream to fridge level for about 1 hour. This helps to soften the ice cream, but not melting it, which will facilitate scooping.



Enjoy :)































1 comment:

  1. Oh yum! How I would love a scoop or two of your strawberry ice cream. They look so smooth and I just love the sweet colour. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

I love seeing your comment and sharing it with other readers. Your comment would be published after moderation. Thank you :)