I like this simple German Cookies recipe whereby I can use to prepare some freshly baked cookies for my guests within a relatively short span of time. To give the biscuit a festive mood, I added a little Mandarin orange zest to it for added fragrance 😊
Yield: 18 pieces
60g salted butter, softened
20g icing sugar
1 tsp Mandarin orange zest
60g potato starch
40g top/cake flour
1. Wash Mandarin orange with vegetable & fruit wash. Pat dry and peel a thin strip of orange skin. Chop into fine bits.
2. Mix potato starch with top/cake flour in a mixing bowl. Store both the potato flour mixture and the Mandarin orange zest in the fridge for about 20 to 30 minutes.
3. Cream softened butter with icing sugar till pale and fluffy.
4. Sift in the potato flour mixture and fold in using a spatula.
5. Mix in the Mandarin orange zest.
6. Take about 10g of the dough and roll into a ball.
Roll the dough ball in a small cup of fine sugar to form a sugar coating round the dough.
7. Place the dough balls over a lined baking tray. Allow about 1.5 cm space between dough balls.
Use a chopstick to creat a well in the middle of the dough ball.
Use a dough cutter to cut a shallow cross "X" over the top of the dough ball.
8. Bake in a preheated oven at 170°C, middle rack, for about 15 minutes, or till the base of the dough becomes brown. Let the cookies stay in the oven for about 5 minutes after the baking ends.
9. Let the cookies cool down completely before keeping in an air tight container. Enjoy 😁